(updated April 5, 2018)
Information We Collect
We collect both Personal Information and non-personally identifiable information through the Site in order to help us to learn more about how our visitors use the Site, to measure areas of interest, and to provide our users with important information regarding the aging crisis, the Ready to CareSM mission. Personal Information may include data like:
- Contact information (name, mailing address, email address, account name and password, and your account user name)
- Financial information such as your credit card number
We collect Personal Information when you provide it to us, such as when you create an account, make a donation on directly on the Site, take certain actions on the Site, and at other times such as when we provide account assistance to you. We may also collect Personal Information from social media sites and services when you use your social media account to log into this Site or use the Site to take other actions on social media, such as sharing. Collection of information allows us to build features and functionality that will enhance your experience. You are not obligated to provide us with Personal Information in order to use the Site, but functionality of the Site will be limited if you choose not to provide this information or to create an account. We do require that you register and provide certain Personal Information in order to send us inquiries and to receive educational information via newsletters.
We collect non-personally identifiable information through the use of the technology described below.
Collection of Non-Personally Identifiable Information
- Non-Personally Identifiable InformationPersonal Information is information that is about an identifiable individual. All information that is not Personal Information is “Non-Personally Identifiable Information.” Generally speaking, Non-Personally Identifiable Information includes: a) anonymous or aggregated information that does not allow an individual to be identified; b) information regarding companies and other legal entities; or c) business contact information such as your name, title or position, business address, telephone number or fax number.
- Traffic DataWe keep track of the pages visited by each user. Our web server automatically collects some information about you when you request pages from our server, including your internet protocol (IP) address. Your IP address is a number that is used by computers connected to the Internet to identify your computer so that data (such as the web pages you request) can be sent to you. We aggregate this data with data on the pages visited by other users to track overall visitor traffic patterns. We use this information to improve our Site by making it more responsive to the needs and preferences of our users. This information is Non-Personally Identifiable Information.
- Click Path TrackingTechnologies such as cookies, beacons, tags and scripts are used by Home Instead and our affiliates, our marketing, testing and quality assurance partners, and/or our analytics, information technology and web monitoring service providers. For example, Home Instead uses Google Analytics to track and report website traffic. Google Analytics and other partner technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the Site, tracking users’ movements around the Site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as aggregated basis. Only designated administrators of Home Instead can access the information gathered in this manner, and the information is only for administrative and planning purposes to meet the needs of our users and to improve the Site’s content and layout. You can prevent Google Analytics’ collection and use of data (cookies and IP address) by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available here. Further information can be found in the Google Analytics Terms of Service & Privacy.
We use local storage (“LS”) also referred to as HTML5, to store content information and preferences. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5 LS.
- Use of Non-Personally Identifiable InformationWe may share non-personally identifiable information in the aggregated form with third parties who are providing research services that, in turn, will help to enhance the your Site experiences. These third parties may publish the results of these research findings (e.g., in academic environments).
Collection of Personal Information
If you choose to register on our Site, you will be asked to provide Personal Information which may include your name, mailing address, e-mail address, and phone number. We do not actively share Personal Information gathered from our web servers.
- What we do with the Personal Information We CollectWe require Personal Information from you in order to learn more about how you use the Site; to provide you with better service; and to help us with internal record keeping. If you register, your registration information may be used by Home Instead for internal research purposes and may be compiled as part of our internal database system. In addition, depending on your opt-in preferences and in accordance with applicable law, we (including our affiliates, third-party service providers and other business partners) may send correspondence to or contact you using the e-mail, street address and/or phone number you provide to us when registering on our Site. We may contact you to provide newsletters, promotional offers, information on new features and services that we provide, Site updates, responses to your e-mails, inquiries, comments and opinions, surveys, and technical support. In certain instances you will have an opportunity to limit these uses at the time your Personal Information is collected or after by adjusting your account preferences. You also may limit the contacts you receive by following the instructions in the “Opt-Out” Section below.
We will retain and use your information for as long as your account is active, or as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Home Instead will obtain your consent before sharing your Personal Information with any third party that is not acting as an agent or vendor to perform tasks on our behalf or to use the Personal Information for a purpose materially different from the purpose for which it was initially collected or subsequently authorized by you.
- Maintenance of Personal InformationWe will update Personal Information as and when necessary to fulfill the identified purposes or upon notification from you. You can also update your Personal Information by updating your account profile. Home Instead will not routinely update Personal Information, unless such process is necessary to fulfill the identified purposes.
Upon request, subject to certain exceptions under applicable privacy legislation, we will inform you of the existence, use, and disclosure of your Personal Information and will give you access to that information. You may wish to challenge the accuracy and completeness of the Personal Information and have it amended as appropriate.
NOTE: In certain situations, under privacy laws, we may not be able to provide access to all of your Personal Information we hold. The reasons for denying access will be provided to you upon request. Exceptions may include information that is prohibitively costly to provide, information that contains references to other individuals, information that cannot be disclosed for legal, security, or commercial proprietary reasons, and information that is subject to solicitor/attorney-client or litigation privilege.
Links to Third Party Websites
Our Site includes social media sharing tools and features, such as Facebook Like, YouTube, Twitter and “share” buttons and widgets, and interactive mini-programs that run on our Site (each a “Feature” and, collectively, the “Features”). These Features may collect your IP address and which page you are visiting on our Site, and set a cookie to enable the Feature to function properly. Features and widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our Site. Your interactions with these Features are governed by the privacy policies of the companies providing them.
We are committed to ensuring that your Personal Information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Our hardware, software, and security infrastructure as well as our internal standards for the Site meet current industry standards and technology. In addition, we use standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificates to secure all pages used for inputting users’ Personal Information. However, due to the open communication nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that communications between us will be free from unauthorized access by third parties.
You may choose to have your name taken off of our registration list, cease receiving correspondence or newsletters from us, limit our sharing of Personal Information with third parties who may offer services to you, or update or delete the Personal Information that you have provided to us via one of the following methods:
- Updating your account preferences here.
- Using the opt-out option in e-mails you receive from us;
- Sending us an e-mail at: [email protected];
- Writing to us at: Home Instead, Inc., 13323 California Street, Omaha, NE 68154; or
- Calling us toll free at: 1.888.484.5759
We will respond to your request within 30 days.
The data contained in our Site is for informational purposes only and is not represented to be error free. Home Instead attempts to ensure that the data provided or otherwise displayed on our Site is accurate. However, the Site and its contents are provided on an “as is, as available” basis. Use of the Site and its contents is at your sole risk. Home Instead does not warrant that any functions of the Site will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that the Site will be free from viruses or other harmful components. Home Instead makes no warranties, either express or implied, concerning the content of the Site, including the accuracy, completeness, reliability or suitability of the Site.
Guidelines for Children
We do not specifically collect information about children nor market our products or services to children. We have no reason to believe that the Site will attract children, or that children will access the Site or provide Personal Information.
The Site may offer publicly accessible blogs. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your Personal Information from our blog, contact us at [email protected]. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your Personal Information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
We display personal testimonials of Site users. With your consent we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at [email protected].
Termination of Use
You agree that we may, in our sole discretion, terminate or suspend your access to all or any part of the Site with or without notice and for any reason. Any suspected fraudulent, abusive or illegal activity may be grounds for terminating our relationship, and if we believe that you have committed such acts, we may report you to appropriate law enforcement authorities.
Service Provider, Sub-Processors/Onward Transfer
Home Instead, Inc.
13323 California Street
Omaha, NE 68154
Each Home Instead Senior Care franchise office is independently owned and operated.